Required Travel: 10-25%
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 2-3 Years
Job Function: Communications / Press
Job Type: Full-Time
NextGen Climate is currently seeking experienced, detail-oriented spokespeople to join our team as Press Secretaries. Reporting to the Communications Director, the Press Secretaries will serve as the official NextGen Climate spokespeople and will work with multiple team members. The ideal candidates must have previous on-the-record experience in issue based political and/or electoral campaigns.
- Serve as the on-the-record spokesperson for NextGen Climate on political and state-specific campaigns
- Develop and implement earned media and communications strategies in coordination with the Communications and press team
- Write and edit press releases, statements, and other communications materials under tight deadlines
- Build and maintain relationships with key reporters, editors, and producers in print, television, online, and radio
- Prepare and staff NextGen Climate principals for interviews and press events
- Monitor and analyze the daily news
- Manage the day-to-day press operation of NextGen Climate
- Travel on an as-needed basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 4-6 years experience in a communications field, including at least 2 years on-the-record experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and deadlines
- Driven with a strong work ethic
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours
- Previous on-the-record experience in a political or campaign environment is required
NextGen Climate offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN CLIMATE:
NextGen Climate is a San Francisco-based environmental advocacy organization. Founded by businessperson and philanthropist Tom Steyer in 2013, we act politically to prevent climate disaster and promote prosperity for all Americans. Working at every level, we are committed to supporting candidates, elected officials, and policymakers across the country that will take bold action on climate change.
NextGen Climate is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Contact Person: Ellen White
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply URL: http://grnh . se/ 3brywl1
• Post ID: 67768963 sf