Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 10:17 PM
Work Area: Software:Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 : 10
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device : SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The Algorithms Engineer will be responsible for developing the algorithms to process big data related to marketing data.
* Develop algorithms to process big data efficiently.
* Develop testing frameworks for the code to test changes to the computation logic.
* Review the existing code and recommend/implement new algorithms
* Create POCs for new products
* Participate and contribute in R and D projects and other innovation activities as and when they arise.
* Support and maintain production code related to all algorithmic components of the software.
* Bachelors Degree in CS or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of experience in Java Programming
* Strong Object Oriented Design skills and understanding of the design patterns
* Experience in building distributed highly available/scalable/robust services in a cloud environment
* Good understanding of cloud computing technologies (AWS preferred)
* Experience in designing optimal data structures
* Experience working in an Agile development process.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to thrive in a small company environment
Postion is based at our Abakus/SAP site in Emeryville, CA
SAPS DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e:mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case:by:case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
• Location: San Francisco
• Post ID: 71874703 sf