Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2018 10:17 AM
Retail Store Manager
The Spice and Tea Exchange of San Francisco
The Spice and Tea Exchange of San Francisco is a wonderland of fine, savory,
exotic spices and spice blends, gourmet teas, flavored sugars, salts, seasonings and accessories.
Hand:selected and specially blended onsite for customers cooking pleasure, our gourmet products
will delight the senses and tingle the soul. We pride ourselves on our distinctive, high:quality
products, a truly unique in:store sensory utopia experience and excellent guest service
We are seeking an experienced, senior full:time Store Manager with demonstrated track record of
sales leadership, customer service, team building, communications and retail operations management.
These skills, plus creative and innovative merchandising and marketing ideas and experience is even
Responsible for all aspects of Store management including but not limited to:
- Managing operational processes and maintaining the store in conditions of excellence to
attract and retain guests, create a positive environment for staff, and enable efficient operations
and high productivity
- Follow TSTE (Step in Line) Principles, lead by example, and maintain consistent selling
and service standards through communication, training and individual accountability. This also
includes coaching the team in company sales efforts, techniques, and other approaches to attract
and retain guests.
- Driving yourself and the team to meet and exceed sales goals and standards of performance;
hold staff accountable for meeting goals, and provide a fun, full:service shopping experience.
- Managing staff, their performance and development, and the hiring and firing of personnel
in coordination w/ the Owner.
- Developing and/or overseeing the development and approval of work schedules
- Assembling, overseeing the assembly, and/or approving the assembly and pricing of products
and inventory orders and other tasks associated with efficient inventory management and
- Maintaining information / item set up / pricing and discounting in the Point of Sale System
and all associated item tagging
- Receiving, supporting the receipt, and or overseeing the receipt of products into
inventory and POS and associated follow up required for back order and credit memo related
communication with Owner and Corporate Franchise Warehouse team.
- Planning, communicating, executing and/or supporting the planning, and execution of
seasonal in:store sales promotions and events. This also includes overseeing, contributing to or
supporting the provision of information for publication in local print, electronic, and social
marketing media (e.g. Facebook).
- Supporting planning and execution of marketing activities, to include representing,
promoting and/or supporting the representation and promotion of the company and its products in
business development forums and activities.
- Suggesting, drafting, reviewing, implementing, updating, and communicating operational
policies and procedures in collaboration with Owner to improve training, operations, and
- Utilizing, maintaining, and improving utilization of computer, software applications
(including POS, all Microsoft Products, and dropbox shareware technology) across the team.
- Supporting the sharing of best practices between current and future stores.
- Other duties as they emerge assigned by the store owner
- Minimum of 5:7 years experience in retail environment. Specialty food and/or gift shop a
plus but not required.
- Minimum 2:3 years demonstrated retail operations management (manager or assistant
manager): sales, people, product, and point of sale systems.
- Open availability
• Location: San Francisco
• Post ID: 98442752 sf