Head of Business Development and Operations : SAP.iO Atlas Job - (san francisco, california)
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:32 AM
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 : 10
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device : SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Head of Business Development and Operations : SAP.iO Atlas
At SAP.iO, we strive to build insanely great products by building insanely great teams. Were looking for a passionate and experienced Head of Business Development and Operations for Atlas (atlasapp.io), the next generation location analytics platform and one of SAP.iOs incubations.
With more than EUR20 billion in annual sales, SAP manages an enormous diversity of businesses. However, moving the needle inside of SAP's dominant enterprise business requires adding more than incremental innovation : it requires the development of massively disruptive organizations.
The task of SAP.iO is to create those businesses, using SAP's unique position and differentiated data sources to transform industries ranging from people management to security.
At Atlas, we help restaurants find their next site by leveraging mobile phone operator data, allow retailers to optimize their assortment based on point:of:sales and demographic data, and let economic developers improve their policies by providing real:time insights into the local economy.
In short, we are building the next location analytics platform that empowers business users to make decisions based on location data.
The SAP.iO incubation process is modeled after a venture:capital approach to building startups. Startups built within SAP.iO incubation operate differently to traditional corporate business units in three distinct ways:
1. General Managers are entrusted with end:to:end responsibilities for their projects : building cross functional teams to tackle business problems;
2. Teams manage cash : budgeting is not on an annual basis but provided to prove business value over multi:year horizons;
3. Boards are created to provide oversight and guidance on a regular basis : providing senior sponsorship and involvement throughout the lifecycle of a project.
Startups that receive funding through SAP.iO incubation must be big enough to move the needle at SAP, attack new market opportunities for the company, and be able to be tested through rapid iteration and constant customer feedback.
- Identify new opportunities (industries, markets) for Atlas and develop a strategy to succeed in those
- As part of the leadership team, define Atlas' overall strategy and our roadmap
- Build strategic relationships with data vendors that can fuel current and future use cases
- Be actively involved in sales, from prospecting to closing deals
- Develop and maintain a framework to properly report and track key metrics
- Manage HR functions from recruiting, hiring to onboarding to attract and retain top talent
- Manage customer success by deploying processes and best practices to keep clients engaged and excited
- Manage all financial aspects of the business with regards to budgeting, and reporting
- Initiative and Judgment: Works to influence and is proactive. Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Strong decision making: Prioritizes the best interest of the organization and the goals of team over process constraints or typical and is willing to escalate troubling issues.
- Time Management: Uses time effectively with strong multi:tasking skills.
• Location: San Francisco
• Post ID: 89602647 sf