What you’ll be doing...
We're a small, unique team that has strong experience building and innovating in video. We believe that the most important factors to our success are our team and culture. We are unusually passionate about the intersection of media and technology; we see an opportunity to improve media, particularly next generation video. Our mission is to build platforms and services that delight both consumers and customers alike. If the engineering team had to be recognized for one thing we would want that to be Quality.
Were looking to hire a Product Manager - Quality and Support to join our product team.. You will manage and lead the product quality initiatives and workflows across the team to ensure we deliver world class experiences.
Reasons to be Excited
- We're at the intersection of media and technology, building new and innovative ways for people to enjoy video
- Were a small scrappy team that works on a variety of platforms, services and devices tackling interesting engineering, product and design challenges
- We believe in the importance of combining beautiful design with innovative technology and a solid revenue generating business model
- We're located in SOMA, the heart of San Francisco with all of its great food and nightlife. The office is just a few minutes walk to Caltrain and has easy access to the freeway
The Product Manager - Quality and Support is responsible for the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the organization for multiple applications across various teams.
- Take ownership of our 3rd party test vendor relationship
- Manage all alpha, beta and production releases
- Oversee our wide library of mobile, desktop and living room devices
- Write test cases and triage high priority bugs
- Coordinate cross platform communication on releases and build deployments across teams
- Develop and communicate release plans to ensure stakeholders are engaged and expectations are effectively established and managed
- Interface with the customer support team to ensure a fast and tight product feedback loop
- Manage releases through all phases of the release lifecycle to ensure the release will achieve the stated objectives and are thoroughly vetted for any negative impacts to Production pre- deployment.
What we’re looking for...
You will need to have
- Computer Science/EngineeringTechnical Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 6years release and project management experience
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle processes
- Hands on experience creating and configuring test automation/continuous integration scripts/services
Even better if you have
- Experience with build and deployment systems, Continuous Integration and Deployment.
- Experience with open source test automation frameworks such as Appium/Selenium
- Experience with automated build deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Experience working in Quality Assurance preferred
- Experience with testing methodologies
- Experience working with Selenium
- Experience working with Agile and Scrum
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Proven ability to reach successful outcomes through servant leadership
- Extraordinarily organized with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8004605-product-manager-quality-and-support
• Post ID: 83750522 sf