Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Security Guard, Flex: San Francisco, CA, Macy's Stonestown
Posted: Monday, March 6, 2017 3:22 PM
TheSecurity Guard'sprimary responsibility is to deter theft, communicate suspicious activity to the Asset Protection / Loss PreventionDepartment, maintain a safe business environment, and provide strong customer service. TheSecurity Guardis primarily stationed at the customer entrances and monitors customer traffic entering and exiting the store.
The Flex schedule is designed to allow Macy's to flex up staffing during key events and peak selling times, and allows you the flexibility to maintain your current responsibilities while earning extra money and enjoying a retail discount of up to 20%. If you have a flexible availability and think that you would enjoy a fast-paced retail environment, then this may be the opportunity for you!
- Monitor customer traffic entering and exiting the store
- Successfully complete all Asset Protection / Loss Preventiontraining requirements including CPR and First Aid and maintain personal certifications as required by law
- Communicate all suspicious activity to the Asset Protection / Loss PreventionDepartment to prevent potential theft
- Responsible for reacting to alarm conditions at the doors should the EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance) system activate
- Provide strong customer service by ensuring that customers do not leave with an EAS tag on their purchases
- Monitor high shortage areas such as receiving and jewelry as needed
- May perform audit functions in high shortage areas
- Use two-way communication devices to maintain contact with Store Detectives to ensure store safety
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by theAP/LP Manager
- Have knowledge of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Works on special assignments, investigations, and surveillance as directed by Store AP/LP Manager
- Maintain a safe business environment
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Follows shortage programs and procedures
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Education/Experience:High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college is desirable. Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon assignment to position.
- Communication Skills:Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret instructionaldocuments such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, proceduremanuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability:Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands:This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. Extended periods of sitting are also involved. Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be involved. Involves moving and/or lifting at least 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to use restraints in an apprehension. Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other skills:Must be able to operate cameras and other surveillance equipment. Ability to think and act clearly in possible stressful and hostile situations. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Sho
• Location: San Francisco
• Post ID: 56479423 sf