What you’ll be doing...
Delivering consulting project activities, ranging from kickoff process through final delivery for medium to long term engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Your technicalskills will be used forproblem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. In this role you will be viewed by customers as a consultant and your performance is measured by delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours. You will also work on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Additionally, you will exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
The projects within the client are likely to be varied and the role would suit a consultant who has a broad network and security skill-set, and hands-on technical skills. There is an immediate requirement to provide help in number of areas including routing, switching, network segmentation, WAN design, Data center design, access policy, and QoS.
The role requires an experienced consultant with a strong network and information security background and with some security assurance experience is also desired.
Work with minimal supervision as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Four or more years of technical experience required, including in security services.
- Ability to work from onsite (e.g. minimum 2 or 3 days per week)- must be within reasonable travelling distance of the client.
- Applicable knowledge for a variety of network and security topics to include a majority from the following list:
- EIGRP, BGP, static routes, WAN design, route map, VLAN, spanning tree, VTP, DDOS protection, stack switches, ASR routers, Visio, Solarwinds IPAM, vulnerability and remediation, network hardening, wireless, ACS, VPN, ASA firewalls, multi factor authentication,and dynamic to static routing migration.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Document procedures that conform to a prescribed style and format
- Present information to management, public groups, and boards of directors.
Even better if you have:
- Previous consulting experience within a Professional Services organization.
- Industry or technical certifications such as CISSP, CCIE, CCNA, CISSP, CCSE, MCSE.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6886895-network-and-security-consultant
• Post ID: 70593558 sf