Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2018 9:45 AM
Regional Field Service Technical Specialist
Provide regional field based, customer facing, technical services for endotoxin, rapid bioburden and microbial detection products and services. Identify and develop technical service contract sales opportunities. Participate in the development of the technical service sales contract portfolio. Also responsible for resolving client service issues and supporting client testing needs. Perform product installations at customer sites and manage the annual qualification program at assigned customers. Assist field sales personnel in product demonstrations, new customer training and product validations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide technical assistance and problem resolution to customers via telephone, email, or on site communication. Analyze and resolve routine and unique product performance and user error issues for an assigned region.
* Schedule on:site service visits for preventive maintenance and service calls for an assigned region.
* Complete all required field service activities and documentation as assigned based on specific product, customer and or standard operating procedural requirements.
* Provide analysis of instrument performance remotely and onsite for contract and billable customers.
* Promote and deliver service contracts to convert customers from billable to contract coverage.
* Promote the up:selling of contract services from the service sales contract portfolio.
* Responsible for completing all service and compliance documentation as required by company policy, cGMP and FDA.
* Maintain current understanding of emerging technologies and competitive products.
* Provide training documentation (SOP, package insert, manuals, etc) for products.
* Participate in special projects as assigned to support ongoing product development.
* Perform all other related duties as assigned.
* Education: Bachelors degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in engineering, chemistry, microbiology, biology, or related scientific field.
* Experience: 2:4 years related experience.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
* Certification/Licensure: None.
* Other: Advanced computer and math literacy required. Ability to understand, follow and edit Standard Operating Procedures. Operate in an FDA regulated environment and have an understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices. Must be a self:starter and strong team player who can work effectively in a fast paced business with global operations. Excellent communication and problem solving skills. Prior experience with data entry into SAP, Salesforce or ServiceMax a plus. LAL experience a plus.
* Must regularly operate a computer and occasionally operate other office productivity machinery such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
* Regularly provides information to and receives information from/through various technologies, media, sources and contacts. Must be able to accurately exchange accurate information in these situations.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Must occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works with computers. The employee could be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
* General office working conditions; the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
* Field based position with the ability to work from home.
* This position requires frequent domestic and may require frequent international travel depending on assigned region. Ability to travel with short notice if needed.
• Location: San Francisco
• Post ID: 93894642 sf